|Maldonado draws attention in governor's race with prison plan|
|County unemployment rate fell to 7 percent in April|
|Mayoral Vetoes of Port Commissioners Rendered Moot by Legal Opinion|
|San Onofre operator wants to begin reactor restart June 1|
Most Recent Stories
- XTERRA Black Mountain 6K, 16K Trail Runs
- Super Heroes Fun Run 10K & 5K
- 28th Annual Carlsbad 5000 (the world's fastest 5K with 9 separate races grouped by age & gender with team & group competitions).
- The 3rd Annual ATMF (Act Today For Military Families) 5k/10k Run/Walk and Family Festival
- San Diego Race for Autism “Bunny” Run/Walk - 5K and 1-Mile in Balboa Park
|Classic car show moves to PB|
|San Diego Communities - PB/Mission Beach|
|Written by Debbie Hatch, writing for Beach and Bay Press|
|Friday, 09 July 2010 09:46|
Classic car show moves to PBThe second annual Wild Rides and Classic Car Showdown will park itself in Pacific Beach this year on Aug. 15.
Steve Lordigan, known to car enthusiasts as “Charger Steve,” organized the first Wild Rides Classic Car Showdown in Del Mar last year and wanted to hold it in Pacific Beach this year.
“It will be a show of shows,” Lordigan said. He hopes to incorporate the best aspects of the other shows he coordinates, such as the Cajon Classic Cruise every Wednesday during summer and events for the East County Cruisers as well.
Spectators can expect a pre-1980 selection of vehicles lining Garnet Avenue between Mission Boulevard and Cass Street. The entertainment will consist of comedians, ‘50s music and magicians. A bikini contest will take place in the afternoon. Sycuan Casino, sponsor of the event, will be raffling off prizes.
This article originally appeared in Beach and Bay Press (a media partner of SDNR).
Trackback(0)TrackBack URI for this entry